Every buyer of real estate has certain rights regarding the purchase of a property. The following is a summation of those rights:
1. You have the right to be represented by a real estate agent, exclusive or otherwise, to protect your best interests.
2. You have the right to purchase any/all properties that you choose, without being discriminated against by a Seller on the basis of your race, color, religion, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
3. You have the right to complete disclosure of all property information, including, but not limited to, water supply, insulation, waste disposal system and hazardous materials.
4. You have the right to ask for information regarding the previous year’s property taxes, and/or maintenance and fuel costs.
5. You have the right to receive a market price comparison analysis for the properties you wish to make offers on, prior to signing the offer.
6. You have the right to receive a copy of the Agreement of Sale, prior to signing it, to allow you time to have it reviewed by an attorney.
7. You have the right to choose the lender that will finance the property and to receive full disclosure from that lender regarding the type and term of the loan and the true cost of the loan.
8. You have the right to test and/or inspect the property’s systems and to choose the person(s) to complete those tests or inspections.
9. You have the right to walk through the property one last time prior to closing to confirm it meets the conditions of the Agreement of Sale.
10. You have the right to use the homeowner’s insurance company of your choice.
11. You have the right to purchase personal coverage title insurance from the company of your choice.
12. You have the right to purchase a home warranty program from the provider of your choice.
13. You have the right to review the Settlement Statement prior to closing.
Preview over 2 million properties instantly or
follow the links to your right to find out more about
buying a home.